23.12.04

The Cast- Sabs

Sabs is the Queen of Crunk, the Stereo High Priestess. These are her legs:



Here's the story: I'm at the Typhoon Lounge for happy hour one Friday and talking to one of my coworkers about Stereo. Suddenly, one of his friends whips around and says:
"You go to Stereo? How often?"
"Uh, yeah- once every two weeks, sometimes more..." I respond- trying to remember this guy's name...
"I've never seen you there...what night do you go?"
"Saturdays."
He says- "Ahhh- I go on Fridays, I'm heading there tonight if you want to meet some of my friends."
Needless to say- that was how Turbo started going to Stereo on Saturdays and Fridays. (It nearly killed him that first month we hung out. Then Sabs showed me how to party 4 nights a week, then 5- then the blur.)

That's also the night I met Sabs. She was the first person Brian introduced me to. She hung out with us and introduced me to 100+ people; Stereo has been my house away from home ever since. She is a promoter and VIP Hostess and general PR machine for Stereo and some local DJs to boot. At one point last summer she was promoting for 4 nights out of the week. And she can dance like an angel- all night and all day, in serious stilettos if she wants.

And she is one of the warmest, brightest people I have met in the scene. This is an excerpt from an email she sent before my trip:
Just wanted to wish you a safe trip. Have a good time, and don`t miss us too much. I
will be sure to party like crazy while you`re gone. After all, someone is
going to have to pick up the slack that your absence will create. Although
being the holidays and all, I am sure that Turbo will be out in full force.
Hope you had a good time @ Pat Boogie. I`m really sorry I had to miss that,
but I`m kinda glad I did. I`m still tired and yucky feeling today. Oh well...
Guess I`m getting old. Having a real job sucks in some ways I tell you!!!
Anyway, keep us updated on how your vacation is going.
Sabs
 And to top it all off she lives with two real cool guys (who I'll get to later) in a brilliant 2 storey apartment that we affectionately call The Crunk Mansion. And her passion for and knowledge of house music is astounding.


PS- Sabs- Pat Boogie rocked but our Ferrari speed was a bit on the light-weight side and we were all home by 7 AM.

No comments: