She Fell Away
Once she lay open like a road
Carved apart the madness that I stumbled from
But she fell away
She fell away
Shed me like a skin
She fell away
Left me holding everything
Once the road lay open like a girl
And we drank and laughed and threw the bottle over
But she fell away
She fell away
I did not see the cracks form
As I knelt to pray
I did not see the crevice yawn, no
Sometimes
At night i feel the end it is at hand
My pistol going crazy in my hand
For she fell away
O she fell away
Walked me to the brink
She fell away
I did not see her fall
To better days
Sometimes i wonder was she ever really there at all
She fell away
She fell away
She fell away
1 comment:
"And yes, I will stop posting song lyrics. When your heart is broken, every pop song will seem to be about you- kinda like Billy Bragg says in...there I go again."
Post a Comment